Hydrographic Surveyor/Geophysicist/Survey Engineer for Autonomous platforms
Due to fantastic business growth we are now looking to expand the team at 4D Ocean. 4D Ocean conduct hydrographic, geophysical and topographic surveys only using autonomous platforms. We produce seamless digital terrain models at the very highest resolution and keep looking for more innovative ways of delivering the data. We work worldwide but mainly in northern Europe for government agencies, oil & gas and renewable energy companies and also other survey companies.
You will have seen or heard about autonomous survey vehicles (both on the surface and underwater) and aerial drones and want to work with them. You will also like working at the bleeding edge, be self-motivated and can work well in a small team. Depending on the position it could be office based or survey location based. There will always be a need to visit the office though.
You will be passionate about mapping and especially ocean mapping. 4D Ocean are driven by science and technology and as such your passion will help this drive.
- Interest in autonomous technology
- Interest in new methods and ideas of collecting, process and distributing high resolution seabed mapping data
- Experience in conducting vessel based hydrographic or geophysical surveys
- Experience in processing hydrographic and geophysical survey data
- Electronic engineering knowledge and experience of solving survey equipment problems
- Ideally experience in collecting and processing Maritime & Coastguard Agency CHP Surveys
- Ideally experience in collecting and processing pipeline and route surveys
- Experience of using QPS products is beneficial
- Due to the location of the surveys you will need to be a UK or EU citizen
An excellent salary commensurate with your experience
A highly collaborative structure which maximises each person's expertise and creativity
Share ownership potential
An ambitious company which values people first and foremost when achieving goals.